Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fall...

So, fall is here (Ok, there's not really much 'fall' in Austin, but you get the idea of me trying to set the stage for this piece.).
Leaves are changing colors and swaying gently down onto the ground. Fall intrinsically lends itself to some stupendous visuals (Pachai Nirame, anyone?). The east coast, and more specifically, the north east and more specifically, New England is home to some of the best fall colors in the world. (Yes, given my aversion to the Americo centric view of the 'world', this is one example where my usage of 'world' in this sentence may not be construed as hyperbole! Granted, I am yet to see fall in Austria. Maybe, some day. But, I digress...). Bring out the additional layer of clothing folks! Enjoy maadi.

4 Comments:

At 2:33 pm, November 02, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having travelled out of texas a little myself, I have seen some of the most amazing colors in the North East. Almost makes the 4 layers of clothing, gloves, socks, thermal wear and scarves tolerable!!

 
At 2:39 pm, November 02, 2006 , Blogger Mommy G said...

I am a summer and spring person. So I am kinda glad we don't have much of a fall or winter in austin! I love austin! :D

 
At 10:11 am, November 03, 2006 , Blogger Charanya said...

5 years and counting...Austin is the best place to be in the US of A...Spring Summer Autumn or Winter!! :)

 
At 9:13 pm, November 11, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come rain, wind, sun or snow...there's no place like home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home