Saturday, October 07, 2006

Medley...

With an impending change in my 'travel' status, I figured I might as well spend some quality time in the kitchen and get attuned.

So, yesterday around 1 pm, in a flash of brilliance, I decided to cook! GASP!

My recipe:
Heat oil in the frying pan for a few minutes
Add some garam masala and jeera
Microwave 1 packet of Smart Style chik n strips (chicken like tofu strips, available at whole foods)
Add to the pan
Add some mixed vegetables (asian stir fry type)
Add some salsa, garlic salt and pepper
Fry for about 10 minutes

Load the taco shells with the afore mentioned medley.

EAT!!! (If it does not taste yum, remember - I am in the federal witness protection program! :) )

A few thoughts:

I loved the exercise. Cooking is fun because of the creative joy it brings!
(I know, I know - "Wait till you have to cook 4 times a week. Then we'll talk, mister!")

What a melting pot America is!! Where else can you get garam masala, taco shells, asian style stir fry vegetables and chicken like tofu all in one place!

Watch this space for more fusion recipes! :)

So, what's cookin' good lookin'?

6 Comments:

At 7:17 am, October 08, 2006 , Blogger Mommy G said...

ewww!!! That sounds grossss!!! Remind me to refuse any dinner invites next time! :P

 
At 12:17 pm, October 08, 2006 , Blogger Charanya said...

vetha kozhumbu with french bread and fried button mushrooms!!! :)

 
At 12:27 pm, October 08, 2006 , Blogger woorkeri wittynathan said...

Ciara, that knock on your door... that's me! :)

 
At 9:52 am, October 09, 2006 , Blogger Mommy G said...

ayyyoo!!! No u didn't just say VK!!!! Booo hoooo!!!!!

 
At 2:57 pm, October 09, 2006 , Blogger SternMystic said...

That did'nt sound very palatable. How about trying authentic Indian recipes instead?

I know, I know. Its like telling Cold play to play Pink Floyd.

 
At 3:36 pm, October 09, 2006 , Blogger woorkeri wittynathan said...

Areille - you hav'ta try it to beleive it!
Stern - All in good time my friend.
Ciara - soon we shall be TLCs and devour fusion foodu! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home