Friday, August 11, 2006

Tra la...

After living for 7 years in the United States, a close pal of mine left for India today, for good! He and I had been playing phone tag for the last few weeks and had not had a chance to have a meaningful conversation about our futures. He called me today from the airport, ‘This is it dude, this is it. I will not have my cell phone in a few minutes. Keep in touch. Goodbye and good luck!’ And, just like that, he was gone. I know I will miss exchanging witty repartees with him on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

6 Comments:

At 10:02 am, August 11, 2006 , Blogger Mommy G said...

I would be lying if I said I aspire to be him. I am ashamed to confess that I am actually spoilt by the so-called luxuries/lifestyle of this country. But, I do have the greatest respect for him!

 
At 10:04 am, August 11, 2006 , Blogger rising phoenix said...

Kabhie Alvida Naa Kehna... :))

 
At 1:45 pm, August 11, 2006 , Blogger SternMystic said...

areille: Don't be so quick to respect. You never know if he went cuz he had to or by choice.

witty: phinally, I find a post after several clicks resulting in simply "tete-a-tete". In fact there's several, ever heard of batch processing, well, you just reinvented it.

 
At 2:53 pm, August 11, 2006 , Blogger Mommy G said...

true true Mr. Stern! I guess I quickly beleived the scenario that I wanted to without giving it a second thought. This is what happens when Witty has 2 more posts waiting to be read by me!!!

 
At 2:54 pm, August 11, 2006 , Blogger Mommy G said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:30 pm, August 15, 2006 , Blogger woorkeri wittynathan said...

Stern - That 2 hour flight from DEN to AUS does provide some quality keyboard time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home