Sunday, September 23, 2007

Man is a social animal...

In the spirit of networking and connecting, here goes...

One of the first things I do when I wake up each morning is to - you guessed it right - check my email! It's always pleasant to see unread messages in my numerous email accounts (Note to self - Consolidate!) In the middle of the day, the ding sound from Gtalk / Skype has a certain melody to it that's quite unmatched. Seeing someone's name (especially that certain someone) in bold in my inbox has always made my day a little bit brighter.(Of course, only if the name in bold isn't 'Viagara Pro' or 'College Degree Online' :)). I always experience a small joy in hearing my phone ring or seeing a list of missed calls.

How about you?

I like people and I love reaching out to people and hearing from people. It's just a reflection of the title of this piece. We all like to connect with the world at large and feel like we are integral part of it. Email, phone, etc all serve to reinforce and validate the connections we have with our bretheren.
I'd love to write more, but my phone's ringing... :)

Keep being trigger happy!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:16 pm, September 23, 2007 , Blogger 'Tis a beautiful life! said...

how true! hearing the little tone when i get a new email while sitting around reading some damn article is an awesome feeling - but to see that its a mass email advertising yet another club get-together is not so good...

 
At 4:16 pm, September 23, 2007 , Blogger 'Tis a beautiful life! said...

and now i'm curious about the 'special someone' who's emails are so ancipitated...

but i hope our emails put a little smile to your face too (though cant expect it to the same extent) ;)

 
At 6:11 pm, September 23, 2007 , Blogger woorkeri wittynathan said...

Special someone? bah! really? hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home