Sunday, July 08, 2007

Zwei Hydrogen, Eine Oxygen...

I love water. Of course, I do love drinking water (especially as a cure for a drinking binge gone wrong. :) ). And thank God for cold showers (Particularly helpful after yet another thwarted attempt to score with that hot co-worker... ;)) . Ok, before I start regurgitating my 5th grade essay on 'Uses of water', let me bring your attention to swimming pools, ponds, lakes, rivers and oceans.

Water bodies seem to have a calming and soothing influence on me. The other day, I went for a walk on one of the lakes in Austin (yes, there's more than one of 'em in this Texan town). The myriad thoughts in my overactive brain seemed to melt away as I gazed into the calmly drifting waters of the Colorado. Kinda hypnotic actually... (But I suppose one could argue that that would be the case if you gazed at something long enough...? :))

Is it just me or are there any others who subscribe to this erm...stream of thought...? :P

And just the other day, when I went exploring with a couple of friends, I found this nice little alcove next to one of the man-made ponds nearby. I was lying flat on the picnic bench, enjoying the sight of the blue sky that peered through the green leaves and the brown arteries running through 'em. Reminded of my days in Boston, when on a lazy Sunday afternoon, I used to trek to the Harvard Yard and just lie in the cool grass and catch an invigorating nap. Sheer bliss! Of course, I remembered, never to pahk my kah in the Hahvad yahd.)

As an aside, do you realize the amount of water you consume every day...? Virtually any liquid and almost all foods that you consume on a day to day basis, has a component of water in it. (Unless of course, you are a die hard fan of having melted sulfur for lunch, in which case, you wouldn't be reading this as I write...). Abrupt end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home