Sunday, July 08, 2007

Cursive...

These days, the only times I seem to use my right hand to write is when I scribble furiously in meetings, pen a rushed (and hence, mostly insipid - sorry, that's me) note on a birthday card or sign my name on a credit card receipt for coffee at JPs. Though I adore my own signature (who doesn't, right?) and love signing it over and over again (Note to self - Too many cc receipts, reduce expenses. :)), I miss writing in general.

Think about it - When was the last time you wrote with your hand just for the sheer pleasure of writing? (Any 'Dear Diary...' takers?) It would be interesting to know if any of the readers of this blog have actually *gasp* written a letter in the last two years!

Don't get me wrong. I actually like Comic, Arial and SanSerif. But, cursive writing is just another source of joy which seems to have evaporated from our lives in the electronic age.

Stranely enough, there was a time when we used to cringe at the thought of writing an essay on Goldilocks' impact on global warming. But now, I almost seem to yearn for the opportunity to (literally) put pen on paper. Anyone else in the same boat...?

1 Comments:

At 10:30 am, July 10, 2007 , Blogger 'Tis a beautiful life! said...

i was so tempted to write a real letter the other day but just seemed like too much effort...maybe ur post has inspired me to do it now :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home